We are raising money to purchase a rare, museum-quality 1880 Weber chuck wagon complete with all the implements that would have gone out on the trail. This is the original food truck – the mothership of the great cattle drives. We will use the wagon to host our “Trail Drive Cowboy Supper” series at Cloverbud Ranch featuring top local chefs. Many farms have taken to hosting farm suppers as a marketing tool offering the fruits of their labor to an appreciative audience. However none have prepared live-fire meals cooked with Dutch ovens, cast-iron skillets and the tools of the Old West. At Cloverbud Ranch we are blessed with expansive pastures and a grazing beef herd presenting a romantic re-creation of life out on the open range.
We will host a series of ticketed farm-to-table dinners out in the field at our beautiful Cloverbud Ranch property in Portsmouth, RI. We plan to to bring in guest chefs who have enjoyed our beef for years for western-themed “Trail Drive” Chuck Wagon suppers (4 per season) served in the post-and-beam barn in our upper hayfield.
We expect to acquire the wagon from a restoration expert in Oklahoma who has made any small repairs with historical accuracy using only the methods of the period… We hope you might consider making a donation that will enable us to purchase the chuck wagon so folks who visit the ranch might get a unique up-close taste of the Old West – a bit of dinner theatre and stories around the campfire. The ledger book won’t let us cash-flow this kind of major capital investment on our own. Your gift will be acknowledged with Cloverbud Ranch grass-fed jerky, burger and steaks as our way of saying thank you.
There are very few historically accurate and functional chuck wagons around today. This piece of living history will provide an exciting educational experience for folks visiting our ranch operations and an umatched set-piece for many chefs who are eager to cook traditional open-fire cast iron Cowboy Suppers at Cloverbud Ranch. Come see the herd and our recent pasture renovations that enable us to build healthy soil and grow top-quality grass-fed beef. Thank you for your support and friendship.
Thank You Gifts
- $10 – Cloverbud Ranch Bumper Sticker
- $25 – Cloverbud Ranch Grass-fed Beef Summer Sausage Grazing Sticks
- $50 – Cloverbud Ranch Grass-fed Beef Jerky
- $75 – New England Grass-fed Digital Meat Thermometer
- $100 – 3 1-lb. packages Cloverbud Ranch Grass-Fed Ground Beef (delivered within 50 miles)
- $150 – 3 lbs. Cloverbud Ranch Grass-fed Sirloin Steak or Kabob Tips (delivered within 50 miles)
- $200 – 3 lbs. Cloverbud Ranch Grass-fed Ribeye Steaks (delivered within 50 miles)
- $250 – ticket to upcoming Cloverbud Ranch Trail Drive Cowboy Supper event – date chosen by bearer of ticket
- $500 – 2 tickets to upcoming Cloverbud Ranch Trail Drive Cowboy Supper event – date chosen by bearer of ticket